26 Apr 2018, 14:00 — 3 min read
In education, learning with 3D printing can revolutionise the classroom and lead to better learning outcomes. In case you are not already aware, 3D Printing refers to a process of building 3D items from a digitally saved file. 3D printing allows for authentic exploration of objects that are usually not available in a traditional classroom setup.
Benefits of 3D printing in education
Schools are still in the early stage of adoption of this innovative technology, but the future looks exciting. 3D printing provides several features that can revolutionise education and here are some of them:
1. It provides teachers with 3 dimensional visual aids that they can use in their classroom particularly in illustrating a hard-to-grasp concept.
2. 3D printers make it easy for teachers to seize the interest of their students compared to just showing the pictorial representations of objects.
3. It enhances hands-on learning and learning by doing. Using this prototyping technology, students will be able to produce realistic 3 dimensional mini-models .
4. It provides more room for interactive class activities. In biology, for instance, teachers can create a 3D model of the human heart, head. skeleton etc to teach students about the human body.
5. With the help of 3D printers, they can easily understand & solve mathematical & science problems.
For Engineering & Architecture Colleges
1. Engineering students can scan, invent & make their project parts directly with 3D printers.
2. They will get exposure to learn about 3D concepts, model design, computer aided design, real world object creations and prototyping.
3. It will enhance the creative and technical skills of students.
4. They will be better prepared for jobs in aerospace, defence, automotive, manufacturing, architecture, design, product development, medical & various 3D printing industries.
5. All branches will get opportunity to perform and gain their skills; Mechanical engineers will handle tools of their field, electrical & electronics will learn how to assemble the the printer machine and computer science engineers can handle firmware coding & decoding part and civil engineers could create prototypes of design of buildings.
To explore business opportunities, link with me by clicking on the 'Invite' button on my eBiz Card.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of GlobalLinker.
26 Nov 2018, 16:24
24 Oct 2017, 09:25
Most read this week