The Covid-19 pandemic has transformed the way we work and work from home has now become the new normal. In such a scenario, it becomes imperative for business owners, managers and human resource personnel to have a clear framework to manage their team effectively. Here are a few aspects for team leaders to keep in mind.
Also read: How to effectively manage a diverse team
Maintaining the emotional health quotient
- Keep your employees feeling connected, prevent isolation
- Set up meeting with remote employees to monitor and improve their emotional well-being – focus on optimal frequency for your meetings
- Identify the unique ways to collaborate
- Solve their fears, address concerns
Maintaining & building accountability
- Give employees more autonomy, and freedom
- Create a Weekly Meeting Rhythm to keep your team accountable and productive
- Use ‘Minimally Viable Components’ to make delegating easier and faster (while still maintaining sufficient control over deliverables)
Mastering virtual meetings
- Use a Checklist - what do you hope to achieve from this meeting?
- Clear agenda, timelines and managing the meeting flow
- Share the rules of the meeting in advance
Critical productivity tactics
- Set aside time to complete critical tasks to achieve optimal efficiency
- Create a weekly Productivity Map
- Be aware of key barriers to working remotely
Technology tools & rules for hassle-free functioning
- Ensure that the team is aware of the 'Tech Stack’
- Create and circulate FAQs with respect to connectivity, VPN access, echoes
- Address queries on security / data concerns
Leadership mindsets to adopt
- Acknowledge fears of self and team working remotely
- Be aware of the benefits and potential pitfalls of working remotely
- Build on competencies and adapt your working style to accommodate the new normal
- Seek coaching / mentoring help, if required
Also read: Manage & motivate your team: 6 effective tips
We would love to hear from you!
Do reach out to us on this link or write to Mathew Isac if you have any questions or comments on the article.
Image source: shutterstock.com
To explore business opportunities, link with me by clicking on the 'Invite' button on my eBiz Card.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of GlobalLinker.
Expert Advisor and Consultant for SMEs on the platform, specially to address queries on the impact of COVID-19 on business owners in India
With over 28 years experience in...