12 Nov 2018, 14:00 — 4 min read
Less than two months to go and we will be saying goodbye to 2018! But for business owners, this doesn’t mean a celebration yet; it means closing the deals for 2018, finishing projects, and achieving the remaining business goals.
The process can be draining. To fire your passion, we bring to you some inspiring quotes from successful CEOs from around the world. This is sure to give you the needed motivation to finish your year strong.
Remember, finishing your year strong can be a great momentum to start 2019 on the right note.
1. The common question that gets asked in business is, ‘why?’ That’s a good question, but an equally valid question is, ‘why not?’” – Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon
2. “I always did something that I was a little not ready to do. I think that, that is how you grow. When there’s a moment of ‘Wow, I’m not so sure that I can do this, and you push through those moments, it’s then that you have a breakthrough. Sometimes that’s a sign that something really great is about to happen. You’re about to grow and learn a lot more about yourself.” - Marissa Meyer, CEO of Yahoo
3. “There’s an entrepreneur right now, scared to death, making excuses, saying, ‘It’s not the right time just yet.’ There’s no such thing as a good time. I started an apparel-manufacturing business in the tech-boom years. I mean, come on. Get out of your garage and go take a chance, and start your business.” - Kevin Plank, CEO of Under Armour
4. “I think as a company, if you can get those two things right — having a clear direction on what you are trying to do and bringing in great people who can execute on the stuff — then you can do pretty well.” – Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook
5. “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.” – Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple
6. “You don’t need to be a genius or a visionary, or even a college graduate for that matter, to be successful. You just need framework and a dream.” Michael Dell, CEO of Dell
7. “You don’t learn to walk by following the rules. You learn by doing and by falling over.” – Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Group
8. “Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.” – Jack Ma, founder of Alibaba Group
9. “Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.” – Soichiro Honda, founder of Honda
10. “Risk comes from not knowing what you are doing.” – Warren Buffet, Chairman of Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
Recommended articles for you
21 Jun 2020, 09:30
13 Mar 2020, 12:00